3.5 Campaign (Kevin's)

12345

3.5 Campaign (Kevin's)

reorx15
So I finally made a thread for this.  You know who you are.  You know that the ettin should have been handled better.  The gnolls soundly defeated your entire group.  This fort is kicking your cans all over the place.  But only 1 person has died so far.... not too shabby.  This forum will serve two purposes:  Daniel can now stop his mass-texting frenzies regarding location and time, and you can feel free to ask questions that you think of outside the game.  Commentary and constructive criticism are always welcome of course.

Re: 3.5 Campaign (Kevin's)

Iason
I think we could have taken the gnolls...  Aw well.

And I say we blow up the fort.  Who's with me?  I'm not sure how exactly we'll accomplish this, but I think that that is really the best solution.  Make it a free pass again, for use by everyone.  This whole haunted fort thing is obviously just nature's (or supernature's) retribution for humanity's overreaching their ability to control their environment.

Jason

Re: 3.5 Campaign (Kevin's)

Gcjones
Administrator
The Barbarian has an ear infection and won't be attending tonight.

Also, I could have taken those gnolls, easily

Re: 3.5 Campaign (Kevin's)

I agree; we could've taken the gnolls.

I feel like our druid hacked Jason's account and posted under his name lol.  Daniel wants to explore the place because he's sure there is treasure and stuff, but it's dangerous because we don't really have the resources to deal with undead.  Briar wants wants to get the hell out of here as fast as possible. No passing go, no collecting 200 gp.  He misses the city.

Re: 3.5 Campaign (Kevin's)

I won't be in attendance this week because of men's basketball. There's a game next Wednesday also but I may be able to negotiate my way around that one. We'll see. There's also a game on the 16th that I must attend and those are the only Wednesday games.  So we're looking at two session i'll miss, maybe three. I'll leave my character with an able-bodied stand-in.

Re: 3.5 Campaign (Kevin's)

Mister Fox
well I have my cleric and I was really hoping for your strong damaged that you've been doing. Well if we lose a few because you are missing we will deal.
"Thanks for not killing me. Oh wait!"- Daniel Henry "I hate you"- Derek Russell "Go look at your stupid Catgirls" - Chase Jones

Re: 3.5 Campaign (Kevin's)

reorx15
Just to let you guys know, my friend Hammad may be joining the campaign soon.  He is a first time player that has been wanting to try it out for quite some time but never had the opportunity.  If he joins, I will help him roll up a character, and he would join you in a campaign appropriate manner (like every other character has.)

Re: 3.5 Campaign (Kevin's)

Re: 3.5 Campaign (Kevin's)

Mister Fox
As a caution seeing that my job has become a heavy burden can I get some divine support with a cleric or a druid that actually knows what it's doing?

I seriously need some healing help.

Also on an unrelated note I have created a conjurer for the campaign in the event that I die I can jump right back into the game
"Thanks for not killing me. Oh wait!"- Daniel Henry "I hate you"- Derek Russell "Go look at your stupid Catgirls" - Chase Jones

Re: 3.5 Campaign (Kevin's)

Mister Fox
so after we kill this thing can we get the armor and kill the other two incorporeal stuffs and leave.

Also after this thing is dead how much xp will we get for the several things we killed and the 4 traps Daniel found and the other stuffs. I'm close to leveling
"Thanks for not killing me. Oh wait!"- Daniel Henry "I hate you"- Derek Russell "Go look at your stupid Catgirls" - Chase Jones

Re: 3.5 Campaign (Kevin's)

Iason
I don't mind the fort myself.  I mean, I still think a viable option is to blow it up or something, but I'm enjoying it just fine.  XP's been coming every other time or so.  No problems there.  I like me some treasure, but sometimes there just isn't anything.  Really, we need a chance to search through the rooms without having horrific, resource depleting monsters jumping out at us and making our lives difficult.  The armour looks nice, but Iason wants to use the one real advantageous class feature in this edition and find some additional spells to expand his repertoire, or failing that, more usual sorts of goodies.

Unfortunately, now that he's all charmed or suggested or whatever, he just wants to leave, after murdering (can you murder the undead?) this thing that did this to him.  (And his friends or whatever.)  *So* in need of some better saves.  If I knew I'd just be casting MM after MM, I'd have been a sorcerer.  Aw well.  Maybe the town or city or whatever, if we get there, will be more yielding.  Maybe he'll have a few days to scribe some scrolls or something.

Jason

Re: 3.5 Campaign (Kevin's)

But think of how much the people of Dansville will owe us for clearing it out! They can reclaim their investment, trade can continue... we've saved the economies of at least two settlements, probably more. We'll be heroes.  Wait I disarmed 4 traps?! I'm sure we'll have time to chill when we get to Dansville. If we are looking for Bob we'll have to do some legwork anyway.

Re: 3.5 Campaign (Kevin's)

Mister Fox
@Daniel: yes I disabled 4 locks as your character! Note: open link turn speakers up read post press button
http://inception.davepedu.com/

@cid(cause thats totally who that sounds like): Lets please leave this place intact we need to clear it so the army/town guard can come take this place back over and control the movement of troops and help keep the gnolls down.

All of this taken into account I would like to see the place completely emptied like turn over every stone until we discover why this happened, However this will not happen if my party refuses to let me do so. I would like to at least clear this place of monsters and then close all doors and set up some wards and such with the wizards help to prevent the return and occupation by undead and other unsavory fiendish creatures.

Also when I get third level spells shits gonna get real!
"Thanks for not killing me. Oh wait!"- Daniel Henry "I hate you"- Derek Russell "Go look at your stupid Catgirls" - Chase Jones

Re: 3.5 Campaign (Kevin's)

Iason
Hmmm... Didn't seem to post the first time.

Clearing the place completely and finding out what happened is what I'd like.  However my character has been charmed/suggested/geased/induced in some way to want to leave.  So this might be a problem unless I can find a way around this.  And while I'd love to ward or in some other way secure the place, I have no spells that work in that direction.  So we might be limited to traps and practical jokes unless we can find something to use for that.  (Now if we could find a book or scroll with extra arcane spells useful for this, I could learn them and then use them.  But that's just my wizard's 'Gotta catch 'em all!' attitude talking.)

On the other hand, my chaotic (good, but chaotic) wizard is of the opinion that attempting to impose restrictive controls on who can use a pass, which he believes by all rights belongs to everyone, is wrong, and thus such a fort should be blown up.  Now, a fort that defends a pass against people trying to claim it, say something along the side of the road that is a haven for travellers, is right up his alley.  However he would probably be up for restoring the fort to a usable condition, free of undead.  That is preferable to the current situation.

Jason

Re: 3.5 Campaign (Kevin's)

Mister Fox
Iason wrote
Hmmm... Didn't seem to post the first time.

 But that's just my wizard's 'Gotta catch 'em all!' attitude talking.)

Jason

Lovely! <3

Well Maxwell will settle for clearing it and letting him setup a few wards and traps and let it be.

Travel to the town and let them know whats going on.

But most of all HE want to KNOW what happened.

But we will settle things soon with the ending of this freeaking monster
"Thanks for not killing me. Oh wait!"- Daniel Henry "I hate you"- Derek Russell "Go look at your stupid Catgirls" - Chase Jones

Re: 3.5 Campaign (Kevin's)

Re: 3.5 Campaign (Kevin's)

Mister Fox
Sztharaxycus wrote
Did somebody say traps?! Count me in!

Yeah but can you make traps outta the ones we disabled or do you have some stuff to make traps?

I can make magical wards against undead and such but nothing that will stop gnolls.

However I believe once this pllace is clear they will move back in
"Thanks for not killing me. Oh wait!"- Daniel Henry "I hate you"- Derek Russell "Go look at your stupid Catgirls" - Chase Jones

Re: 3.5 Campaign (Kevin's)

This post was updated on .
I actually don't have craft (trapmaking). I kinda hoped we would reach 4th level before we left this place so I could sink some skill points in to it. But I think I can use disable device to reset a pre-existing trap.

EDIT: I can use disable device to reset a trap. The DC is 20. I've got a little better than 50% chance of succeeding.

Re: 3.5 Campaign (Kevin's)

Iason
That's a good thought.  I'll have to look at the spell list, but if we reached 4th level, I'd mysteriously know how to cast a couple new spells, I think.  (You can tell it's mysterious, because it's the way wizards do things.)  Then I could see if any warding spells became available.  I purposefully did not choose abjuration as a prohibited school for just such a reason.  (Enchantment is a different issue.)

Jason

Re: 3.5 Campaign (Kevin's)

Mister Fox
well when I reach 4th level I will receive spells via my god seeing as he sees fit for me to wield his power greater.