Battletech? Battletech!

Mister Fox
I am trying to gauge if we have enough interest for me to run a semi-monthly battletech miniatures game. We can do simple survive game or maybe even miniature conflict and scenarios. Players need only bring two 6 sided dice or 2d6 for short. I will provide technical readouts, rules, maps, and even small plastic miniatures. I am thinking I need at least 3 and can accept up to 24 players. The sessions would run between 4-6 hours depending on what we do for scenario and we can adjust time as we see fit.

If you are interested in playing please respond to this thread. A little Q&A

Q: Do I need to know the rules?

A: No, I can teach you the basics in about 10 minutes and the difficult stuff in about two games.

Q: What is the setting like?

A: Giant metal machines fighting each other with conventional weaponry and lasers piloted by humans.

Q: If I want to show up for just one session is that okay?

A: Sure you need to make 0 commitments just need to know that you are interested.

Q: Aren't miniature games expensive I heard you can spend over $1000 on armies?

A: You need only bring 2d6 and MRPA can even provide those for free! You just need to come.

Q: Can you show an awesome picture of the setting that gets me super excited about the idea?

A: Yes!

"Thanks for not killing me. Oh wait!"- Daniel Henry "I hate you"- Derek Russell "Go look at your stupid Catgirls" - Chase Jones

Fuck your Mad Cat it's a Timberwolf

Re: Fuck your Mad Cat it's a Timberwolf

Mister Fox
So here's the story!

Basically the box set went into re-print after the staff changed. So the new box set is slated for release soon! So as soon as it is up for order I am going to purchase it.

http://bg.battletech.com/?p=5385
"Thanks for not killing me. Oh wait!"- Daniel Henry "I hate you"- Derek Russell "Go look at your stupid Catgirls" - Chase Jones

I can totally kill an atlas with 5 light mechs try me

Mister Fox
This post was updated on .
Okay so here is the scoop!

This website http://www.frpgames.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=39883#.UuaS9hDnZhE is listing the box set release date as 2/16/2014 so if all goes well I can get it in by the 22nd.

So I'll keep everyone posted as to the status of us getting going.

Buy List:

BattleTech Introductory Box Set $59.99

BattleTech: Total Warfare   $39.99

BattleTech: Tech Manual $39.99

Technical Readout: 3039 $29.99

Record Sheets: 3039  $9.99

We will be playing the early fighting between the houses before the clan invasion. We will slowly graduate eras until I feel like I can effectively run a full on 3145 era game.
"Thanks for not killing me. Oh wait!"- Daniel Henry "I hate you"- Derek Russell "Go look at your stupid Catgirls" - Chase Jones

Re: I can totally kill an atlas with 5 light mechs try me

Re: I can totally kill an atlas with 5 light mechs try me

Mister Fox
Nah everything would be well over $500.

I'm only getting the minimum required to run a basic Scenario in the Succession wars era specifically the 4th succession war.

If I were to run clan wars that would be 2 more technical readouts, their record sheets, and a Clan reference book.

Also I'd need to buy more miniatures because the base box has like I think 1 clan mech so I'd need to go and buy all the miniatures in doubles form iron wind miniatures.

So no I am no-where close to even getting anywhere close to everything.
"Thanks for not killing me. Oh wait!"- Daniel Henry "I hate you"- Derek Russell "Go look at your stupid Catgirls" - Chase Jones

I think I can down an Atlas with 4 Jenners

Mister Fox
So new info

I have some stuff on the way

1. Total Warfare

2. Tech Manual

3. Technical Readout: 3039

4. Record Sheets: 3039 (PDF only) makes for easy printing

Got it all for $85

Sad story is the big part the main box set still isn't in stock nor ready for order so we have to wait on that. We will have to wait on that. Technically I could start if I had a map and if we used bottlecaps but then it wouldn't feel authentic.

PS: If anyone has miniature paints that they can lend me so I can do some test paints after the box set comes in I'd appreciate. Also if anyone wants to paint them I'd totally pay for good paints per mech painted.
"Thanks for not killing me. Oh wait!"- Daniel Henry "I hate you"- Derek Russell "Go look at your stupid Catgirls" - Chase Jones

Update!

Mister Fox
So my books came in and I am in the process of trying to win a box set on ebay. If that happens we could be playing this month. Now we just need to decide the best days for playing.