D&D 4E (Mondays)

12

D&D 4E (Mondays)

Shadowtalon
am i doin it rite?

Re: D&D 4E (Mondays)

ZrikMajica
If you're asking about your spelling, no. If you mean about posting a new thread, obviously yes.
Music is life.

Re: D&D 4E (Mondays)

Not quite.

Post a time, location, what books are allowed, and any other prevalent information.  As far as location might I suggest a study room in the library or the FedEx building.

Re: D&D 4E (Mondays)

Shadowtalon
Okay, let's get this done.

As far as characters go, any WOTC stuff is allowed.  I'm going to be running the Scales of War adventure path out of Dungeon, so for backgrounds you can pick any general or Scales of War.

Time will be probably 7 till 12, perhaps plus or minus an hour, depending on everyone's preference.

Also, I would like to have some sort of room to DM in, as my volume can get pretty high at times (library study rooms are out of the question).

Re: D&D 4E (Mondays)

Gcjones
Administrator
Thanks for doing this again

Scales of War? Nice

I ran an adventure from that once

TPK :p

Re: D&D 4E (Mondays)

Find a room on campus that you want and tell me the room number.  I'll look it up on the campus' master schedule and tell you if the room is available at the time you want.  If it available i'll go about getting it reserved for your use.  The whole process usually take 3-4 days, and that's assuming I get in touch with our advisor on the first try to get him to sign the form.  It usually takes a whole business week total.

Re: D&D 4E (Mondays)

Shadowtalon
Hold on, there's apparently some things I didn't know here.  I thought when you said the Fedex building, I thought you were talking about the cafe. I thought the upper floors were off-limits(I guess that's only the fourth floor).  The Fedex building actually sounds good then.  I assume they aren't as much of a quiet study type environment as the library?

Re: D&D 4E (Mondays)

ZrikMajica
I've decided that Derek's campaign is going to work better for me, so I'm not in this one anymore.
Music is life.

Re: D&D 4E (Mondays)

Shadowtalon
I'm going to be running this Monday, 7pm at the FedEx building. Please try to have a character ready, but if you don't we can probably make one real quick.  Also my dad wants to play, he doesn't really get to play 4e outside of LFR(which he doesn't like due to various reasons).

Re: D&D 4E (Mondays)

Yeah, the 4th floor is the only one in FedEx that's off-limits.  The other ones have a lounge-y type lobby area that works pretty well.  Or just the first floor lobby if it's not too crowded.

Re: D&D 4E (Mondays)

Shadowtalon
Okay, right now this game is pretty much dying. I need at least four people to do this game and right now I currently have:
Yunhao Liu
Eddie Overstreet
Daniel Henry

Those are the people who showed up or expressed the desire to do it next Monday.  James and his friend did not show up and are currently status unknown.  By the way, I'm okay with people skipping for whatever reason, but I would like notification so I'm not expecting you to show up.

Anyone who wants to join up, feel free to do so, if you don't have a character yet I can set aside the first hour to work on that.  Character creation rules have already been posted, with one addition, I'm not allowing the bugbear because Oversized is overpowered.

Re: D&D 4E (Mondays)

Hithnen
I fail (or missed a memo) and had not heard about this new thread. My friend and I (Justin, so he won't be the nameless one) will be available during the play times.

And thank you, whoever directed my attention at the new thread :P

Re: D&D 4E (Mondays)

Shadowtalon
Okay, now we can do this.  We're at 5 players now.  Also, considering the TPK that occurred with Chase in this Adventure path, I'm thinking about allowing one of the Expertise feats (Weapon Expertise, Implement Expertise, Focused Expertise) as a free feat at first level to boost character power a bit.  Do you guys have any thoughts on that?

Re: D&D 4E (Mondays)

Gcjones
Administrator
Just so you know, the TPK was on The Siege of Bordrin's Watch

Re: D&D 4E (Mondays)

Shadowtalon
Thanks Chase, I've looked at that adventure,  I might take another glance at it.  I don't want to TPK you guys, but I do want there to be a struggle.  On that note, you guys might want to be ready to level your characters to second...

Re: D&D 4E (Mondays)

Hithnen
Free feats would definitely be welcome if there is a chance of a wipe.

I'll try to read up a bit on the setting, but is there any critical info I need to know?

Also, what classes are currently being played? I was considering being a dwarf cleric and Justin was gonna be a human warlord, but if that doesnt fit the party then we can mix it up a little.

Re: D&D 4E (Mondays)

Shadowtalon
It might be good if one of you can change since you're both leaders, but I'm not going to push it.  With 4e you can get away with not having all roles fulfilled, it just changes the game somewhat.  It might be interesting to run a leader-heavy party.

Re: D&D 4E (Mondays)

Hithnen
Justin and I decided on a dwarf cleric and a human paladin for our classes.

Where in the FedEx building will we meet? I've only been on the third 3rd floor for classes and have yet to see the rest of the building :P

Re: D&D 4E (Mondays)

Hmm.   We have a defender now.  i'm wondering if I should play another defender or a striker? Input would be nice.  I'm not going to have time to make a character between now and today's session so i'm going to show up with a pre-gen if that's alright and then make my character between now and next week.

Re: D&D 4E (Mondays)

Hithnen
Well, he's never played a paladin and might need another defender to help keep everything under control.
12