Epsilon Team

Here you go.  Post battle plans and other stuff here.  I suggest re-posting any important things from the old thread to this one because i'm going to archive the old one.

Re: Epsilon Team

This post was updated on .
ANNOUNCEMENT:

The time change I told you guys about? Yeah,  I changed my mind.  Moving everything forward an hour messes with a few people's schedules so i'm going to keep it the way it is.

Re: Epsilon Team

Tomasik
I don't think we have a Sam in the group, but I'll call when I get there. I'm usually there around 9:45.

Also, I have a question about Cyberware. The book says each cyberlimb starts with 3 strength,agility,body. Is that 3 more than a normal limb, or is it the same amount as an average limb? I'm wondering because if it is 3 more, than I don't need as many cyberware upgrades to max my strength.

(BTW, I'm replacing my imprisoned elf covert ops/weapons spec with a troll street samurai)

Re: Epsilon Team

SR4 rulebook wrote
Cyberlimb Enhancements: All cyberlimbs come with Body, Strength, and Agility attributes of 3. Th ese values can only be augmented by cyberlimb enhancements—enhancements from other cyber- or bioware systems have no eff \ect.Cyberlimb enhancements use up the Capacity of the cyberlimb they enhance. Th e bonus to the enhanced value equals the rating of the enhancement. Only characters with a cybertorso can have cyberlimb enhancements with a rating higher than 3. When a particular limb is used for a test (such as leading an attack with your cyberarm), use the attribute for that limb (natural or cyber); in any other case, take the average value of all limbs involved in the task (round down). If a task requires the careful coordination of several limbs, use the value of the weakest limb. The attributes of partial limbs (including cyberhands and –feet) may be enhanced, but their attributes only apply for tests directly involving those limbs (such as a Strength Test when gripping something with an enhanced cyberhand).
Basically, any test that requires using the standard attribute rating of 3.  If you're making a test to run and you have a cyberarm, you would use your character's body not the limb's attribute since arms aren't really part of running.  However, if you are making a grab check with your arms then you would use your cyberarm's body.  For some characters this is good, but keep in mind you can't choose to use your own body so if your character's body is 5 it doesn't matter. If you're using the cyberlimb then you use 3 no matter what your own scores are.

Re: Epsilon Team

Gcjones
DTomasik wrote
(BTW, I'm replacing my imprisoned elf covert ops/weapons spec with a troll
street samurai)
Copy cat

Team Lambda rules!

Re: Epsilon Team

Tomasik
well, troll stats suck for most non-combat roles.

plus, a strength of 14 or 15 (augmented) is too appealing ;)

Re: Epsilon Team

Re: Epsilon Team

Tomasik
i'm not going to be able to make it to tomorrow's game; i have to be somewhere with my family.

Since I won't be there, assume that I have a 15-20 dice pool for everything, because my troll is awesome ;).

Re: Epsilon Team

Re: Epsilon Team

There WILL be a game this Sunday starting at 10:00.  Please be on time because we have to stop promptly at 2:00 no matter what time we start.  Lambda won't be playing this weekend so you guys will have a chance to pass where they are or at least catch up.  Should be fun.

Re: Epsilon Team

DUDE CHECK IT OUT

Coolest thing ever.  I'm going to be implementing this in to Shadowrun.  http://www.turbothemovie.com  It's only 30 minutes long; you should TOTALLY watch it.

Re: Epsilon Team

Tomasik
what is the record for having the most killed characters in a semester? i want to break it.

Re: Epsilon Team

Gcjones
Administrator
Though he ran SR during the summer, this is his first semester to run it, so I guess there is no record yet

Re: Epsilon Team

Tomasik
if my new character turns out right, i'm going to try to have him not die. i think i figured out how to make a rigger, which is what i've wanted to play since i heard of the game.

Re: Epsilon Team

You guys are playing this week from noon to 4.  Lambda is done for the semester since they played yesterday but since I canceled on y'all yesterday i'm going to give you an extra session to (hopefully) catch up.

Re: Epsilon Team

Tomasik
sweet, i want to try out my character so i can see what i need to correct. Riggers seem complicated, but I read the section on rigging several times. Most of what I need to figure out has to do with hacking, like how to use programs.

Spring Semester

Who all is still interested in playing and/or is available to play next semester? I will most likely run on Sunday afternoons and Wednesday evenings.  Meh... It will either be Wednesday or Fridays.  We'll have to see what else is going on because there are some DnD games I don't want to overlap.  Oh and i'm making a rule for my sessions:  No one can play in more than one.  That doesn't apply to Enzo's unless he says so so don't think you can't play in his game.  If you still have time to play tell me what day you prefer (Wednesday, Friday, or Sunday) and also tell me which session you're in right now.  If you leave out either piece of information i'm ignoring your post.

Speaking of Enzo, he and I are deciding whether or not he needs to run another session.  Our original plan was for him to run every other mission of my campaign so I could hop in while he was GM'ing and I could get to play since I never get to be a PC. However, we have 3 new people right now (not including anyone we may pick up next semester) plus me.  That's at least 4 people, probably more.  If you include the people who were willing to play in multiple sessions the number is closer to 8.  If he lets the people who want to play multiple games play in his then he needs to run his own campaign but if it's just those 3 new people we can add them in to the already existing campaigns no problem and then we can use the original "tag team GM" idea.  It just depends on how many people we get as well as whether he'll allow the people who already playing in one of my games to join his.

Re: Spring Semester

I've decided to run on Fridays and Sundays.  I know Friday is going to interfere with Chase's DnD game and a lot of other stuff but Those are my only two days to do stuff and I don't want to run twice on the same day like I did this semester.  If you are in Epsilon you'll be on Friday.  If you're in Lambda you'll be on Sunday.  If this doesn't work for you tell me and we'll get people moved around.  Also, if you don't plan on playing at all tell me so I can get my numbers straight.

Re: Spring Semester

Okay so here's what's up.  Sundays are pretty good for me so Lambda, you're staying on Sunday.  It will be from 1:30 to 6:00.  Fridays for Epsilon, however, are going to be a bit iffy.  I can do it but there are a few Fridays that i'll have to miss because of basketball games if we do it in the evening.  I propose to start earlier on Friday, like at 3:30. That way even on days when I have a game we can still play for about 2 hours.  I know everyone is done with class by then since the university closes at 3:00.  Does that work for everyone?

Oh, and on the weeks that I have to cut Epsilon short i'll also cut Lambda short unless Epsilon is ahead.  You guys won't be doing the exact same missions anymore; i'm done running the pre-fab modules.  But you will be in the same city (You're both flying to a different city) and you will begin to see things affected by the other team. That's why I want to keep you at relatively the same time even though you'll be doing different missions.