Forgotten Realms

supersmash159
This post was updated on .

Forgotten Realms
The shadowy wizards of Netheril gather their power in the north. Countless undead muster to the east in the land of Thay. Ancient evil stirs to the south, where monsters rule. Across the sea, to the west, a continent that was once part of another world beckons with elemental glory. The denizens of the planes are restless in the realigned cosmic order. Old dynasties endure, and new ones gaze about with covetous eyes. Where is your place, and what deeds shall see you through?

Post Backstories and Character Journals here

Here is a map

Re: Forgotten Realms

Kill1294
Before I was hatched, my clan was able to escape the clutches of the draconic overlords in Abeir and was able to start a new life. Being brought up by hatred for dragons and the overlords, my brother and I set out on a journey to reclaim our homeland and free our people. While traveling towards Loudwater, we were ambushed by a tribe of Orcs. My brother refused to become enslaved by these filthy creatures. I was bonded to a tree and was unable to move as I watch my brother being beaten until the Orc chieftain pulled out his flail and delivered the final blow. My eyes widen and as I roared in anger fire began to spew out fire. The chieftain falls back as he watched his minions and the nearby forest become engulfed in flames. I came walking out of the burning forest as the light of the fire reflects off my golden scales creating a glistening flare blinding the orc chieftain, all he could see was his own death in my blood colored eyes. I picked up his flail and bashed his skull in. I continued the now depressing and hated path with only the flail to remember him by. I arrived in Loudwater seeking for more information about my quest.

Re: Forgotten Realms

IllogicalVulcan67
I am Betyn Brutiner, a half-elf rogue born in Llorkh and raised in Loudwater. As incompetent rulers in Llorkh allowed unsavory characters to come in, my parents (a human father and elven mother) decided to bring my 4-year-old sister and a 7-year-old me to Loudwater to earn an honest merchant's living. However, times got hard for us, so I had to learn to sneak and steal to feed my sister and myself. However, my parents impressed on my sister and me their honest values, so I decided only to steal when necessary, and always pay my victims when I got the money. Obviously, starting off, I was caught a lot while stealing, so I also learned how to talk my way out of trouble. Honing my speechcraft, I was able to charm my way into most of the peoples' hearts in Loudwater, until now I am quite known around the town. Over the years, I mastered these skills until today I am effecient in my thievery, stealth, and diplomacy. Also, I found a love of different laguages in Loudwater, given the number of different people we get in the city. Among the languages I know are Elvish, Dwarven, Goblin, and a few others. Throughout my life, I was trained (by my father) in the art of combat with daggers and multiple ranged weapons, as goblins are quite the problem on the Southwood border. I am now 27 years of age and my elven curiosity has taken a hold of my unworldly soul and I feel compelled to venture out into the world.

Re: Forgotten Realms

TEXCain92
This post was updated on .
My name is Alek I hail from Baldurs Gate from which I was born and raised. My father, Oberon, trained and raised me as a swordmage, like he was, to one day take his place as the leader of his guild The Knights of Selûne, the goddess of the moon, but after I told him I worshiped The Raven Queen he disowned me and banished me from his home. My mother, Lilith, on the other hand still loved me until the day she died. She died a very peaceful death unlike my father who died a very violent death in a far off town fight for his guild and there cause. As this was going on I was slowing falling in love with, Alice, who was my best friend. She was there with me the through it all. Then we got married had one child together, a little girl named Jessica, and bought a small house just on the edge of the town near the werewoods even against everyone's good advice. I never had a problem with the local werewolf pack, hell one of my best friends is a werewolf, but everyone else seemed to hate them, and they probably had good reason to, but me not me. I probably should have taken everyone's advice and moved away from the woods but I decided not to which was the biggest mistake of my life and cost me more than I every thought it would. On that day I lost the love of my life and the only person who understood me and my little girl was taken and turned. So now I travel the land looking for a fabled silver sword, Argentum Lupus, that is blessed by the moon goddess and said to be able to reverse the werewolf curse. But I don't know if it will work for me because I don't worships Selûne. But I must try for my child's sake. I must find the sword.

Re: Forgotten Realms

IllogicalVulcan67
Good morrow my new acquaintances! My name is Dreyed Kahen and I am a Shifter of the Druidic philosophy. I guess I'll start my life's story from my childhood: I was born to a nomadic tribe of Shifters who travelled all around Faerûn, trading wares and keeping peaceful relations with all peoples. When I was 12 years old, we made our way north, into Northwest Faerûn, the Frozenfar to be more specific. During a severe snowstorm, we were waylaid by barbarians. I had grown up peacefully and had no idea how to retaliate, so I hid under a cart until it was over. When the sounds all died away, I crawled out and looked around to see all of our stuff broken, multiple of our people dead, and no sign of my parents. I huddled in the cold with a blanket from a cart and cried for hours until my grief turned to anger and I decided to hunt the barbarians down. Using my primal senses and instincts, I difficultly managed to find them after a few weeks of searching. I waited until they were asleep and I (and this pains me to say) killed all but one of them. This one I questioned. He stated that they had sold the Shifters they hadn't killed into slavery, but would have no idea where their clients went. I killed him after that. What followed was years of searching and hunting, finding lead after lead on these clients. During this time I perfected self-reliance, survival, and combat. After traversing Faerûn and many far-off lands, and years of searching, of obsessing, I made my way to the land of Flanaess, on the planet Oerth. I was weary and worn when I came across a small village in the northern part of Flanaess. As I rested there, I observed them practicing their religion, The Old Faith (of the Druids). I intended to only stay a few days to rest and continue my search, but over these days, I fell in love with the religion and its teachings. I decided at that point to finally let go of the search for my parents and the anger that I held onto for so long. I decided to strive for peace and balance in nature in my newfound Druidic outlook. I spent a few years meditating and living in this village when I decided to return to Faerûn. I bid my friends farewell and set off for Faerûn. I heard during my travels there that there were lycanthropes living in the Moonshae Isles off the west coast, so I went to learn more about my roots. I made my way there (in the form of various sea creatures) and located the lycanthropes deep in the wilderness. After a somewhat hostile introduction, I was able to integrate myself into their society. Over the next couple of years I reacquainted myself with my primal self, my bestial roots. After this time, I set off once again to travel the world and left the forest. I once again made my way across the water to the mainland, to Baldur's Gate. I misdirected myself and ended up far off of my destination. I wound up near the town of, I hope I'm remebering corectly...ah! I believe it is called Velen...