M:tG

12

M:tG

Are any of you interested in a sealed draft or pauper tournament?

"Pauper" is a constructed format where your deck is limited to common rarity cards. No uncommons, no rares, and no mythic rares. It helps level the playing field and emphasizes skill rather than who has the thickest wallet. It will be an "extended" event, meaning the legal sets are Scars block to present The set list can be found here. You will need to bring your own deck and provide us with a deck list (preferably via e-mail). If you want to participate but do not have the cards or time to build a deck please let us know.

Cost: 1 rare. Everyone will bring one rare or mythic rare that they do not mind parting with. At the end of the event everyone will take a card from the pile, starting with the winner followed by second place, etc.

Drafting is a fun way to inexpensively get new cards and practice deck building. Not sure what drafting is? This article should help.

Cost: Depends on number of participants but should between $10-$15.

TLDR: tell us if you want to play magic.

Re: M:tG

Mister Fox
Yes to both for two participants.

Mallory and myself both are willing.
"Thanks for not killing me. Oh wait!"- Daniel Henry "I hate you"- Derek Russell "Go look at your stupid Catgirls" - Chase Jones

Re: M:tG

supersmash159
yes to both

BotG

Speaking of Magic, who is going to a pre-release for Born of the Gods? I miss Theros but I think i'm going to the midnight release at Comic Cellar. I like being at the same event as friends though so if any of y'all are going to a different one holla at me and i'll do to that one.

Re: BotG

supersmash159
when is it?

Re: BotG

February 1-2. I'll be going to Comic Cellar on Austin Peay at midnight but here is the grand list of events all over the region: WotC Store & Event Locator

Re: M:tG

Mister Fox
Are people going to be around after the draft for some EDH goodness? I'd love to throw down some stuff.
"Thanks for not killing me. Oh wait!"- Daniel Henry "I hate you"- Derek Russell "Go look at your stupid Catgirls" - Chase Jones

Re: M:tG

supersmash159
This post was updated on .
I'd be down for some EDH, I also have standard and modern decks if anyone's interested in those

Re: M:tG

Mister Fox
If you can bring one for me I'd love to see what the current meta is like.

I don't have the cash to drop on a tier 1 deck anymore but I'd like to still play that oh so juicy competitive style.
"Thanks for not killing me. Oh wait!"- Daniel Henry "I hate you"- Derek Russell "Go look at your stupid Catgirls" - Chase Jones

Re: M:tG

supersmash159
This post was updated on .
My deck is not the best in the meta, it's just what I like to play

Re: M:tG

REMINDER: draft Monday (3/17) at 6:00 p.m. We didn't have enough advanced notice to get a room reserved so it's likely going to be in the side room of the food court but it's a Monday night. We may be able to snag an empty room. $15 if you haven't already paid.

I'm down for EDH afterward if Sam is cuz he's my ride.

Re: M:tG

supersmash159
Yeah Daniel, I'm down for EDH

Other MtG Events

'twas fun and the turnout was good! Thanks to everyone who came to the draft. Would you all like to see a consistent magic night set up in the future? Monday seems to work for a decent number of people.

What other magicky things do you want to see? EDH is popular, Tamarcus mentioned building a cube and drafting from that. We can do whatever y'all want! Just holler.

Re: Other MtG Events

Mister Fox
This post was updated on .
So here is my Vote. We institute a new Magic Monday weekly play fun game thing.

So we could do it this way.

Each week we take a single rare as entry from everyone and do different styles of game.

So for the first week we can do a winner takes all EDH mass multi-player last man standing is first picker of the rare pile and so on. So everyone goes home with a rare same as they came and it can be cool.

Maybe week two we can do a pauper tournament three rounds of quick swiss. pauper should be relatively fast. We can even open it to modern or even legacy.

Week three could be a constructed multi-player (deck lists within reason)

Possibly week four being a two headed giant tournament or even a emperor game. Command me oh emperor.

Just my thoughts bringing a single rare and redistributing them could be cool we could make an unofficial rule that you need to bring a different rare than you brought or took home the last week so that we get some interesting distribution. Although this would discourage bringing a good rare I definitely think I would bring some good EDH rares and would hope everyone else does too.

Q: Tamarcus what is required for us to make it a sanctioned event?

Q: what do we have to do to get the FNM packs or the monthly give outs?

Q: Daniel could MRPA sell magic product do you think this is profitable? Are we better off supporting Jason?

Q: Can we do a sealed sometime with 8 people paying $30 that's $240 so you could do a two box sealed so you could do either two first set or maybe one first set box and one second set box so like 4 packs RTR 2 packs GTC. MRPA would pocket $40 from the exchange and still prize 24 packs as 1 pack for 5-8 of RTR and 10/5/3/2 as the prize out of the rest each top 4 getting 1 pack RTR rest GTC and MRPA still walks away with $40 for the event with the ability to fund other projects. We could hold the event on April 5th starting at like 10am.

So i'm down to clown with Monday magic till i'm dead in the ground what about y'all.

I hate this game its a god damned addiction.
"Thanks for not killing me. Oh wait!"- Daniel Henry "I hate you"- Derek Russell "Go look at your stupid Catgirls" - Chase Jones

Re: Other MtG Events

Could we sell product? Yes. Am I okay with that? Not really; I much rather support our FLGS.

April 5th isTabletop Day so I know i'll be roleplaying and board gaming that day but not all of our peeps are interested in that jazz. Perhaps the 12th?

As we approach Journey Into Nyx I like the idea of any other limited events being from the current block but that's just me. From a logistical standpoint it's tomato tomahto I reckon.

I really like your weekly calendar for Magic Monday.

Re: Other MtG Events

Mister Fox
I'd be down for a Sunday or even a Saturday as long as you give me 9 days notice so Mallory can ask off. We could actually get a small community going and maybe garner interest. Myself and Mallory were reminiscing about playing games with Boswell, You, Alex, Myself, Pesce, Allen, and whoever we could get to hold the cards at the time. I remember pulling the kitchen table into the living room and putting the extra leaf in to support the massive games.

Would love to get a group together that can be consistent and well packed. Let me know if we can get enough interest. Mallory is already starting to build an EDH deck. Gonna try a Skithidrix build. me thinks Grave titans and Liliana and maybe some ninjitsu shenanigans. All I can see is a ninjitsu in for a vampire bite skithidrix for the win.
"Thanks for not killing me. Oh wait!"- Daniel Henry "I hate you"- Derek Russell "Go look at your stupid Catgirls" - Chase Jones

Trades

Mister Fox
I got some trades up if people are interested.

The juicy shit is:
1 of each zendikar sac land
Steam vents
Batterskcull
Wurmcoil engine
sword of feast and famine
Zendikar lands of all colors.

Some great EDH kit rares

I needs some stuffz for an EDH deck me and Mallory are making for her and I'd like to get
Ghave back into the good range less of the pile of cards he is now. Here is what I am looking for also offers is cool.

"Thanks for not killing me. Oh wait!"- Daniel Henry "I hate you"- Derek Russell "Go look at your stupid Catgirls" - Chase Jones

Re: Trades

supersmash159
I have a royal assassin and a throne of geth that I am willing to trade

Re: Trades

Mister Fox
I'll bring my trade deckbox next time and we can talk turkey.
"Thanks for not killing me. Oh wait!"- Daniel Henry "I hate you"- Derek Russell "Go look at your stupid Catgirls" - Chase Jones

First MTG meeting

Mister Fox
So do we have a day to start yet?

Depending on what Daniel has scheduled for Sunday's now I'd be down for some MTG on Sundays using either the commuter lounge or possibly anywhere with a decent table space.