Mapping your world

Mister Fox
So I have been playing with this piece of software http://www.profantasy.com/products/cc3.asp
This software is designed to allow the creation of worlds and maps easily through style sheets and layers like Photoshop with plenty of art pieces designed to flow with the style.

Here is a map that I designed!

It is not perfect but this is only about an hour worth fo working after watching a thirty minute tutorial. Was wanting to know what other people have used for mapping tools and creating things like this. Other than this I have a few worlds that I drew from hand.
"Thanks for not killing me. Oh wait!"- Daniel Henry "I hate you"- Derek Russell "Go look at your stupid Catgirls" - Chase Jones

Mapping the small parts of your world

Pro Fantasy's stuff is REALLY good. If I could afford the whole bundle I would in a heartbeat.

Anyone know of some other (less expensive) software? And what other methods do y'all use for mapping things? I use graph paper for dungeons.

Making the Maps

Mister Fox
Since not everyone looks at my campaign thread I'm posting here to show off my awesome Map I made for my campaign Telmara that is upcoming and looking for players go check it out in the campaign thread.

Check out my map: http://imgur.com/a/2GRTY

Any critiques I'm really interested to hear them.
"Thanks for not killing me. Oh wait!"- Daniel Henry "I hate you"- Derek Russell "Go look at your stupid Catgirls" - Chase Jones

Telmara Feedback/Other Map

This post was updated on .
1) Name some of the lakes
2) add rivers
3) add mountain ranges
4) add a key for symbols
5) that body of water to the north of Vaedastia looks like a rabbit
6) on the sepia map the country names are legible but a lot of the city names i'm having trouble reading. idk how to fix it make them bigger or change the color?

I didn't know where to post this and didn't want to make a new thread for it but check out this Shadowrun map. It's the most detailed one i've seen: Shadowrun Digital Tools Box Poster