Minecraft thread? Minecraft thread.

12345

Minecraft thread? Minecraft thread.

Durrandi
Administrator
This post was updated on .
CURRENT IP ADDRESS: 141.225.10.182

If you don't know what this crack cocaine is, then GO GO GO http://minecraft.net/ it's cross OS and is free at the moment.  It's inspired by Dungeon Keeper, Dwarf Fortress, and roller coaster tycoon.  In the game, anything and everything can be "mined" in order for you to pick up and and place it elsewhere. There by creating anything you want.  The game randomly generates the maps (which are extremely large, but thanks to some Java-Kung-Fu, the save files are really small).  You can delve into the earth to mine, fight through dungeons, build floating fortresses. And etc.  Oh yeah, at night, monsters come out. Heads up.

But Jonathaaaaaaan! Why are you telling me this?
Because I'm starting Minecraft Mondays.
On mondays, from 1:00pm-4:30pm.  There will be a mine craft server up and running on Memphis campus.  So simply be on campus, load up mine craft, punch in the IP address (which will be posted here.)  And join the rest of us!

A few things to know:  the multiplayer is still early testing phases of the game, so there are no enemies in multiplayer (and you're invinvible) and water is not dynamic.

How to Play on school computers:
-Download minecraft while it's still free (from the above link)
-Put it on a flash drive
-Insert flash drive onto said school computer and GO GO GO

Re: Minecraft thread? Minecraft thread.

Shadowtalon

nice thread you got here can i come in?
ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Re: Minecraft thread? Minecraft thread.

Durrandi
Administrator
The more the merrier!

On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 9:13 AM, Shadowtalon [via MRPA] <[hidden email]> wrote:

nice thread you got here can i come in?
ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
You are Red/Blue!
Preferred Assassination Methods
Human:
Rear approach, check shoulder to prevent turning, hands to chin and base of skull, neck-snap.
Alternate: Check and grab shoulder, arm around throat, grip jaw, single-arm neck-snap.
Krogan:
Top approach, double-strike to eye ridge, slide down between blinded target's rising arms, precision nerve strike to throat, secondary nerve strike to counter blood rage, quad-kick to bed target, grip rach side of skull, running leaping spinning neck- snap.
Alternate: Bomb.

View message @ http://mrpa.2295723.n2.nabble.com/Minecraft-thread-Minecraft-thread-tp5552812p5554898.html
To unsubscribe from Minecraft thread? Minecraft thread., click here.

--
J.Schrack

-Durrandi-

Re: Minecraft thread? Minecraft thread.

Shadowtalon
Cool, let me just set up a fireplace here...

Re: Minecraft thread? Minecraft thread.

MINE-MOTHER FUCKING-CRAFT

Durrandi
Administrator
Sup guys, a quick update on Minecraft monday- whoah wait, what is this?

Is that what I think it is?

FUCK YEAR! IT'S THE MRPA MINE CRAFT BEACH BUNKER!

This coming monday will be the first mine craft monday!
Here's the update, we will be running the official software for Minecraft this monday! (It will be unathenticated, so yeah your "copy that fell off the back of an internet truck" will/should work)

Now it is early alpha, so here's the things to keep in mind!
-Monsters sometimes work, sometimes don't
-Sometimes you are invincible, sometimes not
-water works, but buckets don't (??? If it is still there on monday, you may see this lone block of water on the sand. What is this I don't even... it's in the first pic above if you look)
-go easy on the turbo building
-the server I'm using is not the one that the site is hosted off of, so expect it to get janky somtimes.

That aside, there are a lot of third party server software, so I might start trying a different bundle each week.  If anyone knows of any that is really good (needs to be optimized for performance, running off a Pentium III here and 2GB of RAM)  PLEASE tell me.

141.225.10.79   is the current server's address, it'll be up on monday from 1-4:30.
Be there, and be square!

A NEW CHALLENGER APPEARS

Shadowtalon

HO HO HOOOOO

Durrandi
Administrator
What you missed this past monday:

we build a tower to hold the sun

we broke the sun so we made it into a light house

Sad news guys, there is no custom Alpha server software (that I know of, all th posted stuff is for classic)
So we'll keep running with what we got!  See ya next week!

Re: Minecraft thread? Minecraft thread.

Shadowtalon
Awesome minecraft monday we had.  You should run this mod for next week, it looks like it has a lot of useful functions. http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=1012&t=23340

Re: Minecraft thread? Minecraft thread.

JSwann
Swann. Now with 100% more minecraft.

Re: Minecraft thread? Minecraft thread.

Durrandi
Administrator
Alright guys, first off, the IP address changed so check the top thread.
Second off, stop fucking duping items.  It's fucking ridiculous, after all it is MINEcraft. not DUPEcraft.
It is NOT that fucking complicated.

Second, i set it up so that mrpaminecraft.us.to will work as the minecraft ip address (hopefully it works. It might not go live until 12am)

Alright, thats all for now

Administrator
oops

Administrator
Notch.tumblr.com check out the updates!

Hey guys, what do you think about turning on monsters?
Also for those of you not in the know, I highly recommend http://painterlypack.net/ for a texture overhaul.

I'm just gonna leave the server up and running for a while.
WARNING: MONSTERS HAVE BEEN SIGHTED IN THE AREA.

Re: Minecraft thread? Minecraft thread.

Durrandi
Administrator

I'll upload a link to the full size when it is finished uploading to UMDRIVE

https://umdrive.memphis.edu/jmschrck/public/custom%20labeled.png   here is the full 21 MB version

Re: Minecraft thread? Minecraft thread.

Re: Minecraft thread? Minecraft thread.

Durrandi
Administrator
minecraft.net
buy it.

On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 6:54 PM, Sztharaxycus [via MRPA] <[hidden email]> wrote:
I want to play. what do

"It is my wish to advance the cause of truth in the world only so much as I can advance understanding." -Dunkelzahn, Last Will and Testament

View message @ http://mrpa.2295723.n2.nabble.com/Minecraft-thread-Minecraft-thread-tp5552812p5786629.html

To unsubscribe from Minecraft thread? Minecraft thread., click here.

--
J.Schrack

-Durrandi-

Re: Minecraft thread? Minecraft thread.