Shadowrun Fourth Edition (Sundays)

123

Shadowrun Fourth Edition (Sundays)

Hey y'all! I'm excited about this semester's campaign and I hope you are too.  I would like to start as soon as possible. Once everyone has a character made we can begin.  If you already know what you are doing I will not require you to make your character with me.  If you need help you can call or e-mail me and we can set up a time to work on it together.  I'm going to say that all books are fair game but if it is not core please ask my permission before you add it to your character.  I will approve things on a case-by-case basis.  I suggest you use the character generator (which is in my UMDrive along with the core rulebook and a few other resources) but I will require you to have a paper character sheet.  You can make it with the generator and then print it off or transfer it by hand to an actual character sheet.  The generator has a utility that lets you export your saved file to .html so you can post it here or upload it to your UMDrive and post a link to it.  I will be using this thread for all information from now on instead of e-mail so please check here frequently.  Below is the link to my UMDrive.  Godspeed and happy gaming!

https://umdrive.memphis.edu/dchenry/SR4

Re: Shadowrun Fourth Edition (Sundays)

Leopard D
As a friendly tip, fill out a regular character sheet first to use for quick reference, then fill in a deluxe character sheet.  I know it's 10 pages, but you will probably only use about 6 of them.  It may seem like a lot of stuff to fill out, but it really is worth the extra time and effort.

Also, Daniel.  When will this be going on Sunday?  I know Justin's D&D 4e campaign will start at 2:00 and will go until "whenever we finish."  So do you have an idea of what time you are shooting for?  I might have to back out

Re: Shadowrun Fourth Edition (Sundays)

buttercup91901
Gonna be awesome! I can't wait. Though I might need a bit help on this character. Though I'm not sure if I will since there is a generator.

Question: When are you going to start the campaign?
"Your mind is software. Program it. Your body is a shell. Change it. Death is a disease. Cure it. Extinction is approaching. Fight it." -Eclipse Phase

Re: Shadowrun Fourth Edition (Sundays)

Yeah, I got that from quite a few people.  I thought it was just you at first and I was like "whatever" but i'm going to move my campaign to 9:00 a.m.  We'll play until 1:00 p.m. so everyone has time for food and stuff before Justin's campaign.

I second the advice that Derek gave and I appreciate you pointing that out.  Both the deluxe sheet and the regular two-page one are on my UMDrive for your pleasure.  I am free pretty much all day tomorrow if people want to hook up and make characters.  I would like to start next week which means everyone needs their characters finished by next Saturday.

On another note: it has been brought to my attention that a few people are interested in just checking out the system and they don't necessarily want to spend the time making a character. They just want to play.  That is completely fine and I am happy that you want to branch out and learn a new system.  Just give me a general idea of what character you want to play (face, gunslinger, magician, etc.) and I can provide a character for you.

Re: Shadowrun Fourth Edition (Sundays)

Shadowtalon
I'm no longer in Justin's campaign if that changes things.

Re: Shadowrun Fourth Edition (Sundays)

reorx15
Might there be an opening for another semi-experienced SR4e player to join the campaign?

Re: Shadowrun Fourth Edition (Sundays)

MOST DEF!!

And yes, posterabovekevin, that does change things.  Speaking of Justin's campaign, who all is in his?  I really don't want to make people choose between campaigns but the closer it gets to Sunday the more complaints i'm hearing about the 9:00 a.m. start time.  Hell, I can't even guarantee i'll be there on time.  I would make it after Justin's but we have a new person who works at night and i'm going to do everything I can not to boot the new person.  That's not nice.

So if you're in Justin's game let me know.  If it's only one person i'll probably move my game back to it's original 1:00 slot and tell that one person to flip a coin and pick a campaign.

Re: Shadowrun Fourth Edition (Sundays)

Leopard D
Ah, well.  It's probably just me then.  I don't want to make anyone wake up early on the weekend if it's just my fault.  I know what it's like to run in the morning and have no one show up on time.  Ever.  Have fun, y'all

Re: Shadowrun Fourth Edition (Sundays)

reorx15
so we are using the standard 400 build points for character creation, right?

Re: Shadowrun Fourth Edition (Sundays)

Shadowtalon
Yes.

Re: Shadowrun Fourth Edition (Sundays)

:'( I hope you have fun with Justin...

SOOO that means we're changing the time to 1:00 p.m.  FedEx lobby.  Be there or be lame.

EDIT: CHECK MY FRESH Y'ALL!! SR4 dice in a collector's tin.

Re: Shadowrun Fourth Edition (Sundays)

reorx15
It's ok if our native language isn't english, right??

Re: Shadowrun Fourth Edition (Sundays)

Mister Fox
Here is my character tell me if everything is ok.
Sarah_James.html
"Thanks for not killing me. Oh wait!"- Daniel Henry "I hate you"- Derek Russell "Go look at your stupid Catgirls" - Chase Jones

sorry...

I feel as though I failed you as a GM today.  I was not prepared with a story.  Granted, that was the idea.  But I didn't improv as well as I usually do.

I brought up the idea of making the session earlier, say 10:00 a.m. or 11.  No one objected but Kevin and Nick missed that discussion and I didn't get a response from everyone so please let me know within the next day or two what time you want to start.  I need to know soon because Nick has t move his campaign around so he can play Shadowrun and I want him to have plenty of time to alert his players of any change.  I'm only taking responses until Tuesday; after that i'm making a decision. So if you want your opinion heard post ASAP k thanks :-)

Now, about actual in-game things.  I'll only post what happened after Kevin left since Nick doesn't check here anyway:

The party found Asmodea eventually after walking around Ancients territory. She wasn't hard to find and she was pretty amiable after Jason implanted the suggestion that James was trustworthy.  The party entered negotiations and she was excited to have an ally just show up on her doorstep.  She payed everyone 1000 nuyen upfront and she'll pay more later.  She didn't specify how much because she has to talk to her people first and get approved before she just starts throwing money around.  Your mission:  enter the 'hood that was formerly Ancients territory and find out the threat level posed by the Spikes.  Where their stronghold is, how many members they have in the area, etc.  Any information that you think Asmodea would find useful for launching a counterattack.  Your secondary objective is to destroy any Spikes you see, but there are probably too many for you to tackle all of them yourselves.  Just get data and bring it to her.

Discuss your plans here, share what skills you have that are relevant to the task at hand, etc.

Re: sorry...

Iason
Any time is ok for me, though 9 was a little early.  I kinda like 11.  But I'm more or less free all day.

I'm sorry I got so bogged down in trying to work out that character.  I've never made a Shadowrun character before, and I was unsure what to get, or even what kind of numbers I was expecting.  Think I've gotten a handle on it.  I figured out what went wrong with the generator, and I can show you what I've got Thursday?

Jason

Re: sorry...

Re: sorry...

I only got two responses: one for 10 and one for 11.  So we're going to start at 10:30 on Sundays from now on.  Same place. we'll go until 3:00.

Re: sorry...

buttercup91901
That works for me! Wait. Will it be downstairs or upstairs?
"Your mind is software. Program it. Your body is a shell. Change it. Death is a disease. Cure it. Extinction is approaching. Fight it." -Eclipse Phase

Re: sorry...

woot!

Good session today guys.  I think the mix of fun and story progression was near perfect.  We stopped EXACTLY where I wanted to and we didn't have to rush.  That could be because there were only three of you though... hm...

Anyway, the new start time is 11:00 a.m. so James can have pancakes.  We'll take a break around noon for 30 minutes because who want to buy food on campus don't really have an option any earlier.  Then we'll go until 3:00 or so.

What happened:
The party kidnapped a Spike and mind probed him so they could find out where their hideout was.  They took him back to Asmodea, talked to her for a bit, then dumped him in Haloweener territory.  Then they went to the Spike's hideout and killed a few people but more importantly interrupted a business meeting.  The last dying words heard from one of the suits are "merger... Halloween....... Christmas.. Upper Queene Anne."
123