The Horrors of Telmara

Mister Fox

Spoilers for this series will be coming in the next months feel free to speculate and discuss. If interest peaks quickly maybe I'll give a map and a description.
"Thanks for not killing me. Oh wait!"- Daniel Henry "I hate you"- Derek Russell "Go look at your stupid Catgirls" - Chase Jones

Re: The Horrors of Telmara

The Horrors of Telmara Spoiler II: Death of an Era

Mister Fox
Hey everyone just making a small update so I have something cool to show you.

Super Logo 64

So now that's over. I am working almost everyday to add more to the world of Telmara and I'd like to give you a taste of what is to come. So at the MRPA Halloween meeting there will be a super secret thing. So if you are interested please come to the MRPA Halloween meeting and see what I have to show you. If you are unable to make the meeting the spoiler will also be posted here later that night. So please continue discussing the campaign and what is to come.
"Thanks for not killing me. Oh wait!"- Daniel Henry "I hate you"- Derek Russell "Go look at your stupid Catgirls" - Chase Jones

The Horrors of Telmara Spoiler III: Birth of a story

Mister Fox
This post was updated on .
Now with great pleasure I bring you the first official story teaser for Telmara

More to come soon
"Thanks for not killing me. Oh wait!"- Daniel Henry "I hate you"- Derek Russell "Go look at your stupid Catgirls" - Chase Jones

Re: The Horrors of Telmara Spoiler III: Birth of a story

Mister Fox
So far everyone has been treated to a logo and basic story video.

My question I am posing to you is what are you looking for in the next spoiler?

I want to give the people what they want. You can ask questions or request a particular pecice of lore like a map or some form of story teaser. I will see if I can accommodate.

Look forward to seeing people excited about the setting.
"Thanks for not killing me. Oh wait!"- Daniel Henry "I hate you"- Derek Russell "Go look at your stupid Catgirls" - Chase Jones

The Horrors of Telmara Spoiler IV: Order of the Black Knight

Mister Fox
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1q3H8-Bg9bFrhX6fHBXN79qpOOOMZi2pkcWDNG_XvSds/viewform

Feel free to vote on the spoiler here.
"Thanks for not killing me. Oh wait!"- Daniel Henry "I hate you"- Derek Russell "Go look at your stupid Catgirls" - Chase Jones

The Horrors of Telmara Spoiler V: Super System Pathfinder 64

Mister Fox

 So I bet everyone is wanting to know what the game system that this glorious world is built upon it is pathfinder.
"Thanks for not killing me. Oh wait!"- Daniel Henry "I hate you"- Derek Russell "Go look at your stupid Catgirls" - Chase Jones

The Horrors of Telmara Spoiler VI: Telmara Charted

Mister Fox
This post was updated on .

Check out this imgr link for my design process.

http://imgur.com/a/2GRTY

Also let me know what you think and if this is getting exciting.

also the image here is re-sized please see the imgr for full size.
"Thanks for not killing me. Oh wait!"- Daniel Henry "I hate you"- Derek Russell "Go look at your stupid Catgirls" - Chase Jones

Re: The Horrors of Telmara

Negromancer
You seemed pretty bummed about nobody viewing your thread so i decided to come and take a look. I must say that I am really interested in the story and if you have an extra spot open I would like to be in the campaign.

The Horrors of Telmara Spoiler VII: The Articles

Mister Fox
       Long ago there lived four dragons, who ruled the grounds upon which we live in. They are thought

of as Gods to us now. There was Daengoth, Serilith, Cerburith, and Rilith. Daengoth was the bringer of

blight. He sought destruction, disease, and death everywhere he went. Everyone feared him, even his

own creations that worshiped the very death he brought. Daengoth, through his dark inhabitants and

tremendous nature, created the dark beings. Ones such as demons, living dead, wraiths, drow, and

tieflings.

       Then there was Cerburith. Cerburith was the bringer of  War. She was the one that helped to craft

the weapons we use today. She is the one that puts the corrupted words into our mouth. She is the one

that seduces us to kill our own brother. Through her strong, sly words, and cryptic tongue she drew

breath to her creations of war: Orcs, Drakenkind, Dwarves, Minotaur, and Goblinkind.

       Thirdly there was Rilith. Rilith was the bringer of Growth. Rilith wanted nothing more than to heal

the bonds her brothers and sister had destroyed. She wanted to help the realm become whole again.

She was the one that gave birth to the forests, rivers, and life itself. Many call her the mother of

nature. Rilith was the closest to Serilith, in morales and in ruling. They had a strong bond, unlike the

others. And in her strong hand created the Elves, gnomes, beastmen, sylph, and spirits.

       Lastly, and most importantly, there was Serilith. Serilith was the bringer of Light. Serilith was the

light to conquer Daengoth’s darkness. His strong nature gave hope to everyone's heart, whether they

were a dwarf or a human, as long as they were willing to accept it. Serilith controlled the divine power

that flowed to those he deemed pure. With Serilith’s pure heart and calm nature he bore humans,

angels, archons, and all other creatures of good. Alongside Rilith’s strong help, they were able to keep

Danegoth and Cerburith in balance and keep the realm equal.

       Serilith, although strong, was no way protected from the corruption in Daengoth’s heart. Daengoth

grew jealous of Serilith’s fame and fortune with the humans and the like. He wanted nothing more than

to steal it from Serilith. He just wanted everyone to fear his power and cower underneath him. Through

treachery and deception he was able to strip Serilith of his crown, and end his life. The world crumbled

in chaos and depression as the world of light diminished slowly and surely. The only glimmer of light

still shining was coming from Rilith. Cerburith Feared that Daengoth would soon turn on her, as much

as she loved the war he brought on, his thoughts and creations were too much. And it was easy to see

it was throwing the balance of the world. The only thing left was the clear destruction of everything

they spend years planning. So, with a heavy heart Cerburith sought out Rilith and convinced her to help

seal Daengoth away for good in the depth of Telmara.

       With the remaining three dragons locked deep within Telmara the races of man and beast began

to war over territories. With the ever present threat of horrors overtaking without the dragons to put

them down the the races of Telmara fought to keep what they had. For the last 502 years of Telmara’s

history cultures have formed, countries established, and with the ever present fear of the horde man

struggled to survive. It is year 502 year in Telmara and ancient horrors have appeared and rumors of

dragon sightings have resurfaced. Our heroes must take up the call of adventure and discover the

horrors of Telmara.
"Thanks for not killing me. Oh wait!"- Daniel Henry "I hate you"- Derek Russell "Go look at your stupid Catgirls" - Chase Jones

The Horrors of Telmara Spoiler VIII: Delayed for your Pleasure

Mister Fox
So it is with a heavy heart that I am to say that I will not be bringing Telmara to life this spring. I have decided to wait until I can truly bring the quality of a world to you. This project has been long in the making and I want to bring nothing less than an epic adventure for everyone.

Currently I have 90% of the world finished and around 50% of the campaign designed and ready for play. With this I could bring you a fun and well fleshed out game. However that being said I would rather take my drafts and make a final rendition of all the new rules and make an official campaign guide for everyone.

So for now I cam delaying Telmara to somewhere within 2014 probably beginning maybe over the summer for a beta test and then opening the full campaign with the new school year in Fall 2014.

I will still be bringing you spoilers and info about the campaign. Today I ma going to release info about my new mechanic the Rest & Refit which I will post after noon today. So please bear with me as we go on an adventure together.
"Thanks for not killing me. Oh wait!"- Daniel Henry "I hate you"- Derek Russell "Go look at your stupid Catgirls" - Chase Jones

Re: The Horrors of Telmara Spoiler VIII: Delayed for your Pleasure

Mister Fox
Strain and Injury

Most HP damage will be Strain, which replenishes automatically with a quick rest and refit. If you don’t proceed to the next encounter immediately, but take a minute to get your act together, catch your breath, and gird your loins, all the HP that doesn’t represent Injury..

Any damage from critical hits, failed saving throws, or the “final blow” which puts you below zero hit points is an Injury that does not heal without treatment. Treatment can be the “Treat Deadly Wounds” application of the Heal skill, or magical healing — these both work just as described in the Core Rulebook.

Keep note of Strain damage and injury damage. If their combined equal or exceed your total hitpoints you are incapacitated as if reduced to 0. If your Strain and Injury damage equal negative your constitution score you are dead

Strain
Strain damage represents a tiring parry or dodge, armor or shield wear and tear, superficial cuts, bruises and pricks, divided attention, dwindling morale and dumb luck; a creature’s various defenses get worn down after many intercepted attacks, and this leaves them vulnerable to a more devastating hit.
Strain Damage results from any Hit Point damage that does not qualify as an Injury.
Strain Damage recovers completely with a few minutes’ rest and refit; this takes about 5 minutes without an encounter or Strain damage.
Injury
An Injury represents real physical harm, such as burnt skin, broken bones, and cut flesh.
An Injury results from any confirmed critical hit, any failed saving throw, or the final blow that inflicts the dying condition.
An Injury does not recover without mundane or magical treatment. Injuries are healed by magic at the normal rate for healing hit points, and can be treated through use of the Heal skill Treat Deadly Wounds option. Mundane or magical treatment cures Injuries and normal HP at the same rate, but Injuries are always healed first.

When a creature sustains an Injury, subtract the damage amount from its current Hit Points as you would normally. Note the amount of Injury damage separately; this damage will remain until it is treated.
Healing Rates
These rules are not specific about the rate at which Strain and Injury damage heal. Strain recovers with a “rest and refit” which has an approximate duration of 5 minutes. Injury damage simply does not heal without treatment. This design was chosen for playability; the rules shouldn’t encourage nickel-and-diming the players or GM for how many minutes of rest are allowed between encounters. In practice, the GM will either interrupt the rest or not.
Likewise it is expected that players will do everything they can to treat injury damage, so the lasting effects of untreated injury are not broached here. In reality, wounds can worsen considerably without treatment, or heal but lead to permanent scarring or maiming. A very small number of wounds may actually recover completely on their own. Rather than creating rules to reflect every potential case, we leave it to the GM’s discretion to allow Injury damage to recover or worsen depending on the situation.
Massively Deadly Damage With No Save
A few threats in Pathfinder RPG are considered so lethal that they do not allow a Save when dealing HP damage. When a character falls into lava or off the top of a thousand-foot cliff, the Strain-Injury variant rules result in all of the damage being treated as Strain, which is certainly counter-intuitive.
The GM may rule that these threats always deal Injury damage, but it is advisable to do so only in extreme circumstances. Extremely deadly threats already deal Injury damage more frequently as a result of the amount of hit point damage they cause — threats that deal more damage are more likely to deal a “final blow”. If the threat fails to kill the character but is represented as injury, you end up with the same preposterous scenarios as before; surviving a lava-bath. Whenever possible, it is better to treat the damage as Strain and create a
rationale for how the character avoided a lava-bath at great cost of personal energy.
There will always be those times when a character is hopelessly pitched into the heart of an active volcano, or some other completely certain cause of Injury with no recourse to describing the damage as Strain. At those times, the GM should make the damage Injury. Since these are almost always lethal situations, it may not matter for long.

The Heal skill
Injuries don’t heal on their own. Unlike the original Hit Point rule, you can’t just sleep off a gut-slash or a second-degree burn in a few days. You need medical attention to heal Injuries, be it a use of the Heal skill or magical healing. In many situations, characters are going to see much greater value in the Heal skill now that splinting their own broken leg is a need that might arise.

Bleed
Bleed damage is a special case. Normally, you reserve descriptions of actual serious wounds for attacks that deal Injury damage. Even most attacks that deal secondary effects (such as poison) are described as superficial wounds that still deliver the secondary effect; e.g. the poison requires treatment but the fangbite will heal fine if the poison is dealt with.
Because Bleed has its own rules for required treatment (a DC 15 Heal check or any magical healing), all Bleed damage may be described as profusely bleeding wounds, even if the attack only dealt Strain damage. In order to stop the Bleed effect, treatment is required, which makes it functionally the same as Injury damage when it comes to healing.
The Hit Points lost to Bleed can only be injury damage if they are normally multiplied on a critical hit (I have never seen a case where this was allowed). Otherwise, while the bleed itself is described as Injury, the lost HP are considered Strain.

Sources of Injury:

Critical Hits (non-multiplied damage is strain)
Critical Fumbles resulting in damage
Damage from disease
Damage from poison (wound does strain)
Trap damage ( only when unaware of a trap)
Falling from distance further than 30ft
Extreme sources

All damage not listed is strain per rules for strain.

Healing Strain in Telmara:

With the Lack of magical healing in Telmara Injury is very difficult to treat without a dedicated medicine man. Medicine has developed in a way that would not be needed in a world with access to the healing benefits of divine magic. As a result players have the ability to heal strain as part of a skill check and activity. If you have heal as a class skill with at least a single rank then you are allowed to treat the injured. With 8 hours of rest attended by a trained healer a character can heal his class level in strain multiplied by 4.

e.g. Brian the barbarian is hit a an arrow from far away the attacker rolls a critical hit and confirms. The archer deals 25 damage and 4 elemental. This equates to 25 injury and 4 strain for a total loss of 29 HP. The player records this as HP 29/50 HP  25IJR. After the combat his strain is healed after five minutes of uninterrupted resting and refitting. His HP is now 25/50 25IJR this reflects that he has 25 points of injury from the arrow that required intensive care. That night at camp Frank the fighter chooses to spend 8 hours of watch repairing Brian the DC for this check is DC 15. Brian being 4th level regains 16 points of damage after his care. This puts him at 9/50 9IJR. Since his wounds were treated that night his wounds do not worsen and Brian lives another day. If a character chooses to take a full day 12 hours or more to rest the multiplier changes from 4 to 8 and the most grievous of wounds can be repaired.

New Equipment:

To facilitate this change two new items are available

Surgical tools
 Cost 100gp additional +1 per 200gp more
1 lb
These small knives and metal instruments are used to sew and put back flesh that has been removed in some way. Without proper ointments the limbs are still dead an unusable but can be put back to use with potions.

DC 25 Re-attach limbs
DC 15 Close a bleeding wound

Rest and Refit Kit:
Cost 1gp per kit
.5lb
Resting and refitting requires a few tools simple cleaning tools for weapons such as oil and stones for sharpening, sharp rocks and knives for working tools, various patches and quick fix tools for armor, waterskin and rations for feeding yourself, and the all the tools needed to keep yourself healthy and functioning. Whenever the plays rest for a re-fit they expend a use of the refit kit. When a payer has no more uses in their kit they are assumed to have used up all resources of their and are unable to properly take care of themselves and retain all damage until fully rested or healed.